How Do I Make Fermented Pickles Using Mason Jars?
Below's a straightforward recipe to get you started:
- 4-5 tiny pickling cucumbers, washed and cut into preferred shape (spears, slices, etc).
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- 1-2 tbsps of marinading seasonings (such as mustard seeds, dill seeds, and coriander seeds).
- 1-2 fresh dill sprigs.
- 1 cup of water.
- 1 tbsp of sea salt.
- Place the cucumbers, garlic, pickling spices, and dill sprigs in a clean mason jar.
- In a tiny saucepan, bring the water and also sea salt to a boil. Mix up until the salt is dissolved.
- Pour the brine over the cucumbers in the mason jar, seeing to it to completely immerse them.
- Seal the jar firmly and also place it in a cool, dark location.
- Allow the pickles to ferment for 3-7 days, relying on your desired level of sourness. Inspect the pickles daily and also skim off any type of mold that might form on the surface area.
- When the pickles have fermented to your preferred level, move the mason jar to the fridge to stop the fermentation process. The pickles will certainly keep for numerous months in the fridge.
Enjoy your homemade fermented pickles as a yummy, healthy and balanced snack! You can likewise try explore various seasonings as well as natural herbs to produce your own distinct taste mixes.