Fermented: A Beginner's Guide To Making Your Own Sourdough, Yogurt, Sauerkraut, Kefir, Kimchi, And More
- Pike, Charlotte, author.
- Fisher, Tara, photographer.
- London: Kyle Books,2015.
- 159 pages: color illustrations; 24 cm
- Incorporate fermented foods into everyday eating with delicious recipes that are easily achievable at home. Chapters covering fruit and vegetables, milk, pulses, baking and drinks will introduce you to unique new flavours as well as traditional fermented vegetables such as German Sauerkraut and Japanese Kimchi. Use fermented ingredients in dishes such as Sauerkraut, Bacon and Potato Soup, Kimchi and Pork Salad and Smoky Grilled Tempeh. Learn how to make sweet and savoury yogurts such as Coconut Yogurt or Cardamom and Rose Yogurt Cream to go with your perfected Sourdough Chocolate Cake. Create essential pickles, sauces and chutneys with fermentation that will have endless uses, fully stock any kitchen cupboard or make an excellent homemade gift.
- (ISBN)9781909487376 (hardback)
- (ISBN)1909487376 (hardback)
- (ISBN)9780857832863 (hardback)
- (ISBN)0857832867 (hardback)
Fermented foods -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Fermentation -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.